Master of Public Health (MPH) is a full time Public Health program in India offered by Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences. The MPH degree focuses on public health practice and research.
The curriculum of the Master of Public Health program at Symbiosis International University is a mix of transdisciplinary courses to attain knowledge, competencies, skillsets and values involving diverse and innovative pedagogies and instructional designs with an emphasis on problem-solving and case-based learning, empowering the Master of Public Health graduates for the 21st century.
A simplified streamlined process which is candidate friendly, convenient, advantageous and economical to a candidate has been brought in for the Academic Year 2022-2025
The registered candidates will be called for Personal Interaction
MPH : 20 seats
1. To prepare professionals with the technical and managerial skills who strengthen the Public Health system.
2. To train and develop a cadre of competent public health policy makers, managers, practitioners, educators and researchers.
MPH program leverages the advantage of 6 faculties at SIU beyond the core Faculty of Health Sciences viz. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Management, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Faculty of Media, Communication and Design.
Curriculum of the MPH program @ SIU is a mix of courses specific to each faculty to attain knowledge, competencies and skill sets (including values) involving diverse and innovative pedagogies and instructional designs to develop a competency driven MPH program with emphasis on problem solving, case based learning which will help produce MPH graduates for the 21st century. One of the hallmarks of the program is its research rigor & intensity. The emphasis would be to impart transformative learning.
Graduate from any recognized University/ Institution of National Importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes)
|Academic Caledar for Master of Public Health (MPH)|
|Academic Year 2022-23|
|Name of the Programme||Semester||Activity||Start Date
|Master of Public Health (MPH)||Semester I (Batch 2022-24)||Teaching||9-Aug-2022||5-Dec-2022|
|Tentative Exam Schedule||12-Dec-2022||20-Dec-2022|
|Semester II (Batch 2022-24)||Teaching||23-Dec-2022||13-Apr-2023|
|Tentative Exam Schedule||24-Apr-2023||5-May-2023|
|Semester III (Batch 2021-23)||Summer Internship Training||1-Jun-2022||30-Jul-2022|
|Tentative Exam Schedule||5-Dec-2022||16-Dec-2022|
|Semester IV (Batch 2021-23)||Teaching||19-Dec-2022||28-Apr-2023|
|Tentative Exam Schedule||8-May-2023||19-May-2023|
|FEE STRUCTURE-BATCH 2020-22 (INDIAN STUDENTS)||1st Year (Amount in ₹)||2nd Year (Amount in ₹)|
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
|Academic Fees (Per Annum)||1,25,000||1,25,000||1,25,000||1,25,000|
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)||20,000||-||-||-|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||15,000||-||-||-|
|Hostel Fee (Per Annum)||1,14,900||-||**||**|
|Mess Fee (Per Annum)||78000||-||**||**|
|Instalments pay by Date||At the time of admission||25-Nov-2022||25-Jul-23||25-Nov-23|
1. *First year hostel and mess fees subject to change with campus and accommodation type.
2. **Hostel and mess fee for the subsequent year would be communicated before commencement of the next academic year.
3. At the time of admission, Rs. 2,42,000/- is to be paid in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, payable at Pune via Demand Draft or NEFT/RTGS or Gateway through student’s login.
Programme commences on Tuesday, 3rd August, 2023.
For seeking admission to the MPH, Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences students should complete the following procedure:
Step I : The applicant must register and pay at https://siu.ishinfo.com/SIUPGFY23/Register/Index.aspx Registration is mandatory, without which the applicant will not be considered for short-listing for the PI (Personal Interview) process for the respective programme.
Step II : You will be called for PI (Personal Interview ).
Step III : Selection will be intimated to candidate through email.
Step IV : Admission process will be completed after the verification of all the submitted documents and payment of 1st installment of academic fees.
1. Certificate of passing the qualifying examination (Graduation, 10th Std & 12th Std)
2. Mark list (Graduation, 10th Std & 12th Std)
3. Transfer Certificate or Leaving Certificate in original
4. Migration Certificate in original
5. Registration Certificate of respective councils (if applicable)
6. Character Certificate / No Dues Certificate
7. Work Experience / Gap Certificate if applicable
8. Certificate of change of name if applicable, supported by documentary evidence like Government Gazette
9. In addition to the above, candidates selected under the reservation category i.e. Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Kashmiri Migrants admission will be confirmed after scrutiny of the original supporting documents. Please note that original supporting document of the reserved category should be issued by the competent authority.
International Students may log on to www.scie.ac.in or contact 020-25671905 for admissions. Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) looks after admissions of international students which is centralized for all the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed) University.
|1||Registration open||4th March 2024|
|2||Closure of Registration||31st July 2024|
|3||Personal Interaction||Rolling basis: 6th and 21st May; 07th and 21st June: 5th and 19th July and 06 Aug 2024|
|4||First Merit List||13th May 2024|
|5||Last date of fees payment||10th August 2024|
|6||Programme Commencement||05rd August 2024|
These dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any changes will be reflected on the institute websitehttps://www.sihspune.org/
Answer:You can enroll in PhD under SIU for the doctoral studies.
Answer:The programme is divided into four semesters of six months each. After completion of Sem I & Sem II, students undergo 4 to six weeks summer internship. In the 4th Semester, a student has to submit dissertation based on which he or she is assessed. Students will be evaluated throughout the two years of the programme by periodic tests as well as assignments. Student’s evaluation is a continuous
Answer:Questions are asked on generic topics in order to test your knowledge on present public health scenario in country.
Answer:Examples - Topics for WAT could be on Covid-19 measures, interdisciplinary nature of public health and other relevant and hot topics on the subject.
Answer:Most of our MPH students get absorbed in either NGOs / CSR Foundations or under National Health Missions of respective states as project Coordinator or Program Managers or as Project Assistants.
Answer:WAT is carried out either in online or off-line mode. 30% weightage is given to WAT. Candidate is asked to write on a given topic in about 500 words within a time limit of 15 minutes. Depth and clarity of expression, ability to critically analyze and write clearly are assesses in the WAT
Answer: Yes during PI, such questions may be asked by the panelists.